Thursday 20 June 2013

Aaj ki roti aaj kamaana

There are many firsts in our life. But some firsts are the ones most cherished about. NITIE gave me a plethora of those firsts, one among them being writing the blog for the first time. So this is a brief view of my first day experience in NITIE.

Like many other students, I also entered the class with mixed feelings of excitement and nervousness. I sat there expecting some professor to come and start lecturing but what I saw was a person who strolled down my class with jubilance like a small child and distributed some toys among the students to play. He took me back to my KG classes where we were allowed to play and enjoy in a class. I experienced two extremes in the class. At one end there were students playing around with the toys, clicking photos, making videos, passing the sponge balls around. And on the other end we were learning the quintessential lesson that we are here to LEARN TO EARN. Each day our stay at NITIE is worth Rs. 2500/- per day. So instead of procrastinating the things my agenda has to be
"AAJ KI ROTI AAJ KAMAANA". 
What a wonderful trigger to start the MBA journey. Just as a player learns cricket by holding the bat and practicing and not by learning the theories of cricket outside the field, so should I as an aspiring manager should learn to practice the teachings from the very first day. He introduced us to the concept of Student enterprises - The enterprises started and managed by the students. We also sang this jingle in unison  -
"SOCHO BECHO.. BECHO SEEKHO.. SEEKHO SOCHO...." - the perfect epitome of many management concepts.





He made us realize that i
f each one of the educated students wrote even 10 blogs about any subject it would form such a huge online library for those who cannot afford to go to such educational institutes. When I pondered deep about it, I exclaimed "What a thought !! "
I laughed  that ours so called hi-tech generation still doesn't know how to make the effective use of the advanced technology. If  even a few of us do that then it could change the complete face of education and fate of our country. So one of my learning was that we need to THINK BIG.

We have to empower ourselves and this we will not be for anyone else but for ourselves. Our every action should justify the Rs. 2500/- per day opportunity cost.

It reminded me of the lines of the poet Robert Frost : 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

11 comments:

  1. It was inspiring,full of emotions and happiness.Positive Energy is coming out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well articulated thought...Keep on girl..God bless you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot to both of you yaar.. but more than appreciation I would really welcome any suggestions.. coz I know that my writing skills are really crude...

      Delete
  3. Great Start Sis.....U may think that ur writing skills are crude but ur each writing will be a stepping stone for further improvement and refinement in ur skills....Best Wishes :)
    Keep Going

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you think your writing is crude ma'am?? IT is worth reading.. really touching.. Anyways, congratulations..!!!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hhmmm ladki ne aaj jo kadam uthaya... bas badhaye rakhna, its seriously very structured, it made me read till the end well thats a big thing as i discontinue very fast, and with a qoute and message made it complete. All the best for everyday and your make the best out of it. :) and this is also my seriously wala first comment on any blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. one question why is the name of the blog like an encrypted message :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could imagine the insides of your classroom...liked it...especially the philosophical start and poetic end...do keep writing, Ammu... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its Just awesome.I have already started learning through your posts and blogs.Keep Blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So my today's learning:

    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    And lot to earn before I eat...
    And lot to earn before I eat...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amrita..nice start...keep blogging...awaiting for many more blogs to come...!!!

    ReplyDelete